The Cale Community Center in Greenbriar is available for members of the neighborhood and broader community for meetings, events and activities. It can be rented by contacting email@example.com. In 2013, the center was dedicated to Barbara and Emerson Cale in appreciation of their long term service to the community.
The Community Center is located at 4615 Stringfellow Rd Chantilly 20151. The mailing address is PO Box 220239, Chantilly, VA 20153
- Facility overview
- The Center is approx 1800 sq. ft. (not including kitchen, bathrooms and storage). View the Community Center Floor Plan
- The Center is available for rent on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons from 1:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. during the school year. Additional times may be available during school vacations and summer. The building is opened and closed by the building manager
- Inside features
- There are 100 chairs
- There are rolling, folded, rectangular tables in the storage area. 3- 6’ tables (not suitable for seating due to center seam in the middle), 3- 8’ tables (seats 8), 12- 12’ tables (seats 12)
- Kitchen facilities and supplies: Sink and counter space, oven, stove, microwave, refrigerator (freezer may not have space available).
- Mens, women’s restrooms are handicap accessible
- 2 fireplaces – inform manager both at rental time and opening of the Center. It is highly recommended that only pressed wood logs be used. Extra cleaning charges may apply.
- Playground is for the use of age appropriate children (6 and under) only
- 2 picnic tables with attached benches
- Rental rules
- Group size – Maximum occupancy is 100 people (including children)
- Any commercial activity or activity that has any association with a business, requires additional insurance to be supplied by the renter. This includes activities that are “free” but are presented by someone who has a business related to the free activity (example: tax planning seminar given by someone who provides tax and retirement planning)
- No illegal activities (example: allowing minors to have alcohol)
- Alcohol is allowed but additional insurance is required and a larger ($500) refundable security deposit.
- Gum is not recommended. $5 per spot on the floor will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Reservations – Made by contacting manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Safety information
- 2 Fire Extinguishers
- AED – no
- Maximum Capacity – 100
Cale Community Center, Inc. Rules and Regulations
- All Users will comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Cale Community Center (CCC). A complete copy of these regulations, as required by the County of Fairfax, Virginia, Office of Comprehensive Planning, Zoning Administration Division, is located on the bulletin board in the CCC.
- A security deposit is required for all permits: $100 deposit required for weekday rentals; $200 deposit required for weekend rentals; $500 deposit required when user allows alcohol; $1000 deposit required when the majority of the participants are minors or young adults. The deposit will be returned (refunded) within ten (10) working days after the use of the premises, to allow for inspection.
- This document becomes a binding agreement only after a renter/user contract is signed by both a CCC representative and the User and all identified fees therein have been paid.
- The liability of the CCC for its cancellation of this agreement is limited to a refund of the fees paid.
- In the event of cancellation of this agreement by the User more than one month before the use date, a $50 fee will be deducted from the refunded Use Fee. In the event of a cancellation less than one month before the use date, a penalty up to an amount equal to fees paid will result if the Center cannot be rented out on the day specified in the permit.
- FairfaxCountyZoningOrdinances: Building capacity: 100 Rental is allowed between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm. Users may not occupy the building except during that time period. Parking is prohibited on Melville Lane. Parking is allowed only in the fourteen allotted spaces, retaining all other spaces as a fire lane – overflow parking may use Fairfax County parking lots adjacent to the ballfields.
- Use permits for groups composed of minors will be issued only to adults who will accept responsibility for supervision throughout the rental period.
- Commercial groups charging a fee for an event held at the Center must provide a certificate of insurance in appropriate liability amount. Non-commercial groups may not charge a fee for an event held at the Center
- The CCC is not responsible for items brought into the Center.
Cale Community Center located at 4615 Stringfellow Road. Contact phone number: (703)861-6932
Every effort has been made to provide a safe and comfortable building for your use. Your cooperation and respect are appreciated.
A Facility Manager will greet you at the Center at the previously agreed upon time. You will be welcomed and oriented at that time. Following orientation, you may proceed with setting up. The Facility Manager may stop in sometime during your rental period and is available by phone at (703) 861-6932 at all times.
- Arrival Caterers, entertainment and others should be instructed not to arrive before the contracted rental time.
- Damages User is responsible for all damages to property and equipment during use. Marring or staining of the floor or any other surfaces are damages, which may be deducted from the security deposit.
- Decorations Only decorations that can be removed safely without harming surfaces may be used. No birdseed, rice, or confetti may be used inside or outside of the building. All decorations and residue must be removed by user.
- Departure User and guests must vacate the building at the completion of the contract period. All users and guests must leave the parking lot within 15 minutes of the completion of the contract period. All cleanup duties must be completed before the end of the contract period and departure, unless you have a cleanup contract with us.
- Injuries User is responsible for all injuries to guests. CCC reserves the right to require the user to furnish a Certificate of Insurance for Public Liability in the proper limit.
- Smoking Smoking is not allowed inside the building. Please use the ashtrays outside the doors.
Violation of any laws prevailing in Fairfax County by any person while in attendance at the Cale Community Center will be sufficient grounds for termination of the event, with forfeiture of fee and deposit. Failure to comply with these guidelines and the Policy Rules and Regulations on the back of your contract may result in immediate termination of the contract with forfeiture of fee and deposit.